[kronolith] Kronolith WSOD IE 8

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Wed Nov 25 18:38:09 UTC 2009

I'm using the latest stable horde releases on my site and I'm having
an issue with IE8 and kronolith when trying to view shared calendars.

What happens is, when I choose calendars, then click + to expand the
view, I see my shared calendars, I choose one, then I get the WSOD.
This issue only appears to happen with IE8.  I downloaded and tested
Firefox 3.5.5 and used the latest version of Safari on a Mac, and they
function as I expect.  The new shared calendar and it's events are
displayed without any issue.  If I then go back in to IE, the settings
are held from my other browser session and the calendar items show up
just fine.  If I then try to remove or add another shared calendar
from IM WSOD again.

I see no errors in any of my error logs and I'm pretty certain error
logging is turned on as I have seen php type errors in the past.

When this happens on IE, there is an icon on the lower left that
states error on page.  Clicking that gives me this:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0;
Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR
3.0.30618; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDS)
Timestamp: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:04:40 UTC

Message: 'style' is null or not an object
Line: 1
Char: 41092
Code: 0
URI: https://www.thebennetthome.com/horde/js/prototype.js

If there is more info I can provide, please let me know.

Thanks,

John H. Bennett III