[kronolith] Kronolith with iCal r/w or task support or ... or ...

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Sat Dec 19 17:03:14 UTC 2009

Hi all,

My wish would be to
* Use a calender and task list with Lightning
* Use this calender and tasks with kronolith
* Both with write support
* In one calender (on Thunderbird/Lighting side)

So far it works good to share the calender with Thunderbird. But the
tasks do not work. I have to create a separate calender just for the
tasks (access to nag)! And even if I do that there seem to be huge bugs
with write access on nag (tasks created with horde are not displayed in
Lighting and the next task created with lighting just overwrites the
last task created with nag). So this is a no-go.

Another option would be (which I would prefer) to use WebDAV+iCalendar
with Thunderbird and access the iCalender file from horde. But
unfortunately this works - as far as I have discovered - only in a read
only manner.

I also thought maybe I could accomplish this with mcal-storage: I let
kronolith access the calender with mcal which I hoped in turn could save
the calender somewhere as an ics file where I would share it with WebDAV
with Thunderbird. But even if this would work ... I could not figure out
how to get mcal support on Debian lenny. It seems that mcal is a dead
project, at least in PHP.

Is there any way to share calender AND tasks with Thunderbird and horde
in a read/write manner?

Any constellation would be fine for me as long as it is not too complex
and the calender/task are stored on Linux server.

I thought about Kolab but this is definitifely too much overkill as I
would need to replace my dovecot with cyrus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luke