[kronolith] Kronolith with iCal r/w or task support or ... or ...

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Wed Dec 23 15:10:52 UTC 2009

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de schrieb:
> Zitat von Lukas Haase <lukashaase at gmx.at>:
> [...]
>
> You could try SyncML (http://wiki.horde.org/SyncML) which should do what
> you want. We are using it for contacts/calendar and it works suitable
> well but we do not use it for tasks until now so YMMV.
>
> Needed Plug-In for Thunderbird:
> https://mozilla-plugin.forge.funambol.org/

Thank you also for this comment.

As far as I see I have the following ways (with horde):
1) Sync with SyncML (and plugin above)
2) Directly use iCalendar via WebDAV in Lighning (and enable Caching)

Do you have any experience which way is more reliable? Because this is
my highest priority, I like nothing more than loosing my data
(appointments, etc.) whithout notice as it happend 100 times with
Outlook and ActiveSync :-(

Until now I worked with Outlook because of my Windows CE PDA but
fortunately this is broken and I am fed up with the Outlook-****.

So I am seeking for a PIM system in general. It should be very reliable,
backuped to (any) server and not proprietary.

Would you also recommend Funambol as backend? Or any other groupware?
Kolab sounds very sexy but I do not want to replace my dovecot with cyrus...

Regards,
Luke