[kronolith] how to share external calendars?

andreas andreas.rieger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 19:00:40 UTC 2010

hi all,

i am trying to figure out if it's possible to share external calendars to
certain groups or even all users of kronolith. by default there is no such
option in the gui but i am unsure if i eventually missed some configuration
settings.

basically i am trying to display events from a resource scheduling system and
the data is exported/published as ical-file.

importing these events as a single user works perfectly but it would be nice to
make it visible to all users on the system so that it's not necessary for each
user to repeat the steps. (importing the file, setting categories etc.)
is this possible to do?

or should i take the 'sync-route' and try to import the external event-data via
rpc to an extra kronolith-calendar (where i can set the according
publish-permissions)?

i am a bit unsure if kronolith's api allows me to regularly sync/update a
calendar with an external source. in the end it would be even okay to trigger an
update (via rpc) from my external app and make kronolith replace all existing
events in a calendar with the new ones ... but as i am not familiar with
kronoliths internals i am bit lost here.

any hints or tips are welcome.

greetings,
andreas