[kronolith] Kronolith slow

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon Aug 16 20:10:32 UTC 2010

Michael Rubinsky schreef:

> Quoting Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> At a customer I have Kronolith with autologin.
>
> Not sure what you mean by "autologin".

It's a configuration option where you automatically login as some user,
so without asking for username and password. It's behind a firewall.
Everybody is working in the same calendar.

>> It is slow when e.g. switching from week to week.
>
> Do you have any other calendars activated in right hand side panel? For
> example, contact birthdays?

No, I have not.

>> I see sometimes a message "LOADING" in the background.
>> What can I do to make it more fast?
>
> Well, that depends on what is making it slow ;) *How* slow are we
> talking?

What I do it in a test is something like 3 seconds. But they work with
it every day, and they say it's sometimes 20 seconds.

> How many events, how many calendars are displayed at once,
> etc...?

It's a firm with 5 employees. So maybe 2 at once ;-)

> What is your storage backend?

Mysql database.

>> Is it posseble to disable this message in the background?
>
> No. This message is shown to indicate that events are loading. Without
> it, your users would have no indication that they are still downloading.
>
>> Kronolith 2.2, Horde 3.2.2  (from Debian stable).

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/