[kronolith] Kronolith slow

Jan Kuipers jrkuipers at lauwerscollege.nl
Tue Sep 14 20:24:39 UTC 2010

Citeren Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl>:

> Jan Schneider schreef:
>
>>> The biggest problem is that when you switch from week to week, sometimes
>>> there appears not one, but two menubars on the top. Then you cannot
>>> switch anymore from week to week. After a refresh from the browser it's
>>> OK again, but it's very irritating.
>>>
>>> What could be wrong?
>>
>> I never had a single report of such a behavior. Is this a single user?
>> Could be a badly broken Browser then.
>
> No, it's not a single user, they have 6 PC's in use at the moment, and
> the problem is on every PC. They use Firefox 3.6.8 and the actual Google
> Chrome with Windows XP. I have seen it myself on Firefox.
>
> The color Schema "azur" is used, can this be important?
>
> With regards,
> Paul van der Vlis.
>

> --
> http://www.vandervlis.nl/

I notice this behaviour too. I seems a random thing. Mostly the screen
refreshes instantly, but sometimes it takes 5-10 sec (screen showing
First I thought this was a cache issue so I tried both Memcached and
APC to speed things up, but this behaviour still remains. I don't see
any accessive cpu activity on the webserver when the screen is showing
Horde is running on a CentOS 5.5 server with a mysql backend.
Used browsers: Firefox, Chrome, IE8
Users: apx. 200

Regards,

--