[kronolith] Kronolith slow

Jan Kuipers jrkuipers at lauwerscollege.nl
Tue Sep 14 20:51:45 UTC 2010

Citeren Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Jan Kuipers <jrkuipers at lauwerscollege.nl>:
>
>> Citeren Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl>:

>>> No, it's not a single user, they have 6 PC's in use at the moment, and
>>> the problem is on every PC. They use Firefox 3.6.8 and the actual Google
>>> Chrome with Windows XP. I have seen it myself on Firefox.
>>>
>>> The color Schema "azur" is used, can this be important?
>>>
>>> With regards,
>>> Paul van der Vlis.
>>>

>>> --
>>> http://www.vandervlis.nl/
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> I notice this behaviour too. I seems a random thing. Mostly the
>> screen refreshes instantly, but sometimes it takes 5-10 sec (screen
>> showing "Loading") to refresh the screen after switching weeks,
>> months, etc. First I thought this was a cache issue so I tried both
>> Memcached and APC to speed things up, but this behaviour still
>> remains. I don't see any accessive cpu activity on the webserver
>> when the screen is showing "Loading"
>> Horde is running on a CentOS 5.5 server with a mysql backend.
>> Used browsers: Firefox, Chrome, IE8
>> Users: apx. 200
>
> This has nothing to do with the issue that Paul described. What you
> see is probably the cache for remote calendars being refreshed.
>
> Jan.

I only use local sql-based calendars (1 private, 3 shared, on the same
server). Another thing which seems to have influence on this behaviour
is the sessionhandler. When using the file-based sessionhandler the
refresh is much more consistent (0-1 sec). When using the sql-based
sessionhandler I sometimes get those excessive refresh times. Dunno
what's causing it. In the meantime I'll use the file-based
sessionhandler.

--
Jan Kuipers
Systeembeheer Lauwers College