[kronolith] Kronolith slow

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Sep 22 13:59:48 UTC 2010

Jan Kuipers schreef:
> Citeren Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> Zitat von Jan Kuipers <jrkuipers at lauwerscollege.nl>:

>>> I notice this behaviour too. I seems a random thing. Mostly the
>>> screen refreshes instantly, but sometimes it takes 5-10 sec (screen
>>> showing "Loading") to refresh the screen after switching weeks,
>>> months, etc. First I thought this was a cache issue so I tried both
>>> Memcached and APC to speed things up, but this behaviour still
>>> remains. I don't see any accessive cpu activity on the webserver when
>>> the screen is showing "Loading"
>>> Horde is running on a CentOS 5.5 server with a mysql backend.
>>> Used browsers: Firefox, Chrome, IE8
>>> Users: apx. 200
>>
>> This has nothing to do with the issue that Paul described. What you
>> see is probably the cache for remote calendars being refreshed.

My customer says it's slow at random times.

( He refuses to test with another color-schema, because he thinks it has
nothing to do with the problem... )

> I only use local sql-based calendars (1 private, 3 shared, on the same
> server). Another thing which seems to have influence on this behaviour
> is the sessionhandler. When using the file-based sessionhandler the
> refresh is much more consistent (0-1 sec). When using the sql-based
> sessionhandler I sometimes get those excessive refresh times. Dunno
> what's causing it. In the meantime I'll use the file-based sessionhandler.

I don't use a sessionhandler I think...

This is in my horde conf.php:
$conf['session']['name'] = 'Horde';
$conf['session']['use_only_cookies'] = true;
$conf['session']['cache_limiter'] = 'nocache';
$conf['session']['timeout'] = 0;
$conf['sessionhandler']['type'] = 'none';
$conf['sessionhandler']['memcache'] = false;

Can this be the problem?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--