[kronolith] driver sqlng, missing attribute category

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Feb 22 23:16:57 UTC 2011

Quoting Carlos Timóteo <ctimoteo at gmail.com>:

> Hello.
>
> I'm using the new driver Sqlng,
>
> in the future this driver will include the calendar's categories ?

In Kronolith 3, there are no calendar categories. The sql driver
probably contains the field as a relic from Kronolith 2. Eventually,
all applications will have category support removed, in favor or Tags.
Hm, looking through the code, though, it looks like we still need the
code to migrate existing categories to tags. I'll be adding that
shortly ;)

> or i must get that information with the old driver (Sql) ?
>
> Is there any method that can retrieve one share, with given share_id as
> argument without using the methods in class Horde_Share_Base ?

> I'm trying to get categories of shares outside kronolith environment, i have
> access to the object Horde_Share_Object_Sqlng, but category of share is
> missing.

Currently, to retrieve the tags for a calendar, you would have to
query the Content/Tagger system (see Kronolith_Tagger). It probably
makes sense for us to add a method/property directly to the
Kronolith_Calendar object to obtain the tags, like we do with events.
Either way, it's usually more appropriate to obtain information about
an application's objects from the application's API. If a method to
obtain the Kronolith_Calendar object, or an array of it's properties,
is not already present in the API, it might make sense for us to add
one...

mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org