[kronolith] Privacy in Kronolith 3.0 vs. Horde admin rights

Christoph Haas chhaas-ml at uk-bw.de
Wed Apr 13 11:46:20 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Horde 4 (final) .. but I'm a little bit worried about privacy
in Kronolith 3.0:

We are a team of some network-admins in our organization. So we share our
Kronolith calendars with each other.

Since some of us are also Horde admins (Administration -> Authentication ->
$conf[auth][admins] ) , there is quite a big problem for us evolving: every
admin can see also as "private" marked appointments, thus the calendar share
is only set to "show" not "read".

In my opinion also a super-user should not be able to see private appointments
of other users by _default_.

-> Is there a way to prohibit admins seeing _private_ appointments of useres
which share their Kronolith calendar with them?

(Of course in paranoia-mode one could also encrypt private entries in the
database, so that even a db-dump does not show private things ... - but this
seems to me at the moment not necessary)

Any help is appreciated!
Cheers
Christoph.
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Yours sincerely
Christoph Haas