[kronolith] Privacy in Kronolith 3.0 vs. Horde admin rights

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 13 16:44:58 UTC 2011

Quoting Christoph Haas <chhaas-ml at uk-bw.de>:

> But your answer is not really satisfying in matters of data privacy
> protection :-( there are a lot of thinkable (and existing) scenarios,
> where this leads to real harm.
> E.g. not all appointments of a team-leader should be visible to
> team-members, etc.

Have your users login with non-admin accounts on a regular basis, and
only login to admin accounts when they need to do admin operations.
Then they won't see them by default, but can see them when they want,
which is what you said you wanted.

Best practices: only use admin accounts when needed, and use non-admin
accounts for normal activity.

Yes, there are probably other/technical ways to resolve this, but it
seems that unless there are details I don't know that using non-admin
accounts for normal non-admin access would fix your issue.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.