[kronolith] Colorization by tags

Ulrich Eckhardt uli-ho at uli-eckhardt.de
Fri Jun 10 18:10:07 UTC 2011

Am 09.06.2011 19:46, schrieb Michael Rubinsky:
> The slightly longer answer: In the "old" kronolith (from Horde 3),
> there *were* no tags. Tags were introduced in Horde 4. Kronolith
> previously allowed setting a single category to an event, and the
> event's bubble would be colored per the user's category preferences.
> With tags, there are a number of reasons why this won't work. See the
> discussion on Ticket: 9657 and Ticket: 7480 for a more detailed
> explanation.

If I understand the tickets correct the main problem with keeping a
per-tag-color implementation is how to handle the coloring when an event
is tagged multiple times.

How about a simple approach? The first tag in the list will be used for
coloring and the color of all following tags will be ignored. Since only
one tag per event needs to be checked for the color there shouldn't be a
too big performance hit. So the old functionality of Kronolith from
Horde 3 would be restored without the danger of a too   colored calender.

I really miss the possibility to select a color by tag or category for
an event since this gives a fast and clear summary at first glance.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                  http://www.uli-eckhardt.de

Ein Blitzableiter auf dem Kirchturm ist das denkbar stärkste
Misstrauensvotum gegen den lieben Gott. (Karl Krauss)