[kronolith] dynamic interface can't change calendar shares

LALOT Dominique dom.lalot at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 20:24:04 UTC 2011

2011/7/22 Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

> Zitat von LALOT Dominique <dom.lalot at gmail.com>:
>
>  2011/7/21 Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>>

>>> Zitat von LALOT Dominique <dom.lalot at gmail.com>:
>>>

>>>  Hello,

>>> If it was working, what did you change since then?
>>>
>>> Jan.
>>>

>>>  Hello Jan,
>>
>> Difficult to say, because regularly, I change a little pref, test and
>> solve
>> some problems, run pear upgrade etc.. I was on holidays for 3 weeks in
>> June,
>> and I played with shares before that, then stopped using it when it was
>> OK.
>> Then went back on activesync as I got new problems (seemed solved now),
>> then
>> discover syncml problems, and randomly discovered that I was no more able
>> see my calendars properties.
>> And as it's a DOS for apache, I have very little chance to see where it
>> comes from. Apache is not able to write the url in access.log (in fact,
>> Apache needs to report the http return code, so to finish the job, then
>> write to access.log) and I don't know a way to know where apache is
>> looping.
>> I am obliged to killall apache then start again.
>> The system upgrade solved nothing anyway.
>>
>> ii  apache2                            2.2.17-1ubuntu1
>> ii  php5                               5.3.5-1ubuntu7.2
>>
>> In order to test, I went back in a classic ldap auth instead of
>> shibboleth,
>> to be sure there is no side effects.
>> I reran the test.php, by enabling it again, everything went fine except
>> kronolith. Test page is blank (nothing in apache error.log)
>>

> Set an execution time limit and see where it is stuck when the execution is
> halted.
>
> Jan.

Hello Jan,

Sorry for the delay. I tried to put limits. The only thing I was able to see
was that;
[Tue Jul 26 14:15:49 2011] [error] [client 139.124.208.6] PHP Fatal error:
Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71
bytes) in /usr/share/php/Horde/Ldap/Entry.php on line 328, referer:
https://horde4.univmed.fr/horde/kronolith/
[Tue Jul 26 14:31:53 2011] [error] [client 139.124.208.6] PHP Fatal error:
Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32
bytes) in /usr/share/php/Horde/Ldap/Schema.php on line 457, referer:
https://horde4.univmed.fr/horde/kronolith/

in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini, I set:

max_execution_time = 6
max_input_time = 60
memory_limit = 256M

And I consume lots of CPU, only the memory limit works and show me the lines
in apache2 error.log.

Finaly, it seems that the ldap filter was too large, consuming too many
entries making a long consumption of CPU.
6500 entries was quite OK but not 30000

I can say my problem is resolved, but some ldap logs seems to show that ldap
search is not cached enough. I saw the same request 3 times.

Dom

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Dominique LALOT
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux