[kronolith] Clarification on how permissions work on shared calendars

Volker Schmidts vsz at punk.oc.chemie.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Aug 5 15:42:17 UTC 2011

Jan Schneider <jan <at> horde.org> writes:

> Zitat von Volker Schmidts <vsz <at> punk.oc.chemie.tu-darmstadt.de>:
>
> > Jan Schneider <jan <at> horde.org> writes:

> >> Theoretically it should work by giving the user (through default,
> >> user, or group permissions) read-only permissions, and read-write
> >> access in the creator permissions.
> >>
> >> Jan.
> >>

> > Hi Jan,
> >
> > sorry to dig up this old thread, but after setting up horde and
> > kronolith I ran
> > into the very same problem and your solution doesn't work for me. Do
> > I also have
> > to set anything in Administration -> Permissions -> kronolith ?
>
> No.
>
> Jan.

Thanks for the response. Maybe I don't understand the permission system
correctly then.

I also have been searching the bug tracker and found #10216, where in comment
#6 you state: "Writing to a calendar that I don't have edit permissions for
fails." However in your previous reply you said that giving read/write access
in the creator permissions should be sufficient.

If I give authenticated users read/edit permissions (and r/w to the creator as
you proposed) they can do just that, but they're also able to edit events
created by other users. If I give them only read permissions (again with
creator r/w) they are not able to create new events in a shared calendar.

Is this by design? Or some error on my part?

Volker