[kronolith] Clarification on how permissions work on shared calendars

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 02:38:23 UTC 2011

On 05/08/2011 11:42 AM, Volker Schmidts wrote:
> Jan Schneider<jan<at>  horde.org>  writes:
>

>> Zitat von Volker Schmidts<vsz<at>  punk.oc.chemie.tu-darmstadt.de>:

> Thanks for the response. Maybe I don't understand the permission system
> correctly then.
>
> I also have been searching the bug tracker and found #10216, where in comment
> #6 you state: "Writing to a calendar that I don't have edit permissions for
> fails." However in your previous reply you said that giving read/write access
> in the creator permissions should be sufficient.
>
> If I give authenticated users read/edit permissions (and r/w to the creator as
> you proposed) they can do just that, but they're also able to edit events
> created by other users. If I give them only read permissions (again with
> creator r/w) they are not able to create new events in a shared calendar.
>
> Is this by design? Or some error on my part?
>
> Volker

I still have the same problem.  I couldn't figure it out.  My users are
still able to edit the events that they did not create.  To me there
needs to be an "Add" permission for authenticated users but I am just
guessing.  Then once the user adds an event, they are the creator and
are able to edit and delete the event that they created.