[kronolith] Kronolith in Horde4 ... UTF-8

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Aug 17 19:05:02 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, 3. August 2011, 10:30:40 schrieb Jan Schneider:
> Zitat von Dewi Griffiths <dewi at brentwood.bc.ca>:
> > I'm trying to migrate our Horde3 install to Horde4 and have been
> > following various instructions and tips and I'm stuck on a comment
> > by Ralf in his "top 6 ways to mess up" where he indicates you have
> > to migrate Kronolith tables to UTF-8. The seems to be a supplied
> > script to do this for the Mnemo install, but is there a script to do
> > this for Kronolith anywhere as part of the release or self-developed?
>
> No, not yet.
>
> Jan.

You may be able to keep your db in the old charset with custom parameters for
$conf['calendar']['params']['charset']

I have not tested this.
What's bad is mixing charsets: Letting horde save new data in utf8 while old
data is still stored in another charset will bring trouble sooner or later.
Same goes for local time vs utc.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer