[kronolith] shared calendar ownership attribute?

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 12:54:55 UTC 2011

On 8/31/11 6:28 AM, Ralf Lang wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 31. August 2011, 10:22:47 schrieb Jan Schneider:
>> Zitat von Ralf Lang<lang at b1-systems.de>:
>>> Hi users,
>>>
>>> my company is using the new ajax kronolith and we're quite fond of it.
>>> We're modelling teams (marketing, development) or issues (holiday,
>>> company events) as calendars/shares with the team leaders or office
>>> staff as calendar owners.
>>>
>>> That said, access management is a little lacking.
>>>
>>> - Only one person can currently be the owner and thus manager of a
>>> calendar. When a team has two managers and the wrong one is unavailable,
>>> calendar access
>>> cannot be regulated.
>> That's why there are system calendars that don't have an owner and can
>> be managed by any administrator.

I use this and it works really well but I believe the admins also have
access to the entire horde configuration settings so you have to trust
that they won't muck things up.

>>> - a person can only have edit/delete permission on all or none of the
>>> calendar. Thus a person can either not delete his own entries or can by
>>> accident delete/change other persons' entries.
>> That's what the creator permissions are for.
> Well looks like a typical forrest-tree-problem. Thank you. I'll try that.

I have mentioned this before but I still can't figure this out.  If I
give the creator all permissions (show, read, edit and delete), they
still can't add new events.  It seems to me like you need to give the
the authenticated user edit permissions so they can add events.  Problem
is this allows them to edit the events of other users.  What am I
missing?  It seems to me like there should be one more tick box under
authenticated users called "Add".  This way they could add new events
but they won't have edit permissions for events created by other users.

--
gimili