[kronolith] Syncing shared calendars possible?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Sep 3 16:24:34 UTC 2011

Quoting Sjoerd <sjoerd at idef1x.net>:

> I'm trying to figure out if and how i can get a shared calendar from
> someone else to sync (via syncml or activesync) with my mobile device.
> I'm not too much of a prograammer, but looking at the prefs.php in
> the kronolith config dir i thought that something like (adding the
> extra line with shared in it):
>
> // Calendars use for synchronization
> $_prefs['sync_calendars'] = array(
>     'value' => 'a:0:{}',
>     'type' => 'multienum',
>     'shared' => true,
>     'desc' => _("Select the calendars that should be used for
> synchronization with external devices:"),
> );
> might do the trick, but apparently not, cause I'm not able to select
> a shared calendar in the sync options, so.... is it possible in the
> first place? If so can someone push me in the right direction (or
> give the solution ;-) )

Synching shared calendars is not supported for a variety of reasons.
Only calendars that a user owns and has full access to can be synched.
  There is a discussion somewhere on the dev at lists.horde.org list that
explains all the reasoning if you are interested in the details.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org