[kronolith] Kronolith not activated

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Sat Nov 26 21:49:59 UTC 2011

Quoting cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:

> Quoting "Maurício José T. Tecles" <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>:
>
>> Citando cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:

>>> According to Jan, this statement: "You can't use the updated data
>>> with your old Kronolith version anymore." means you have to start
>>> with an empty directory.  Step one does just this, and keeps a
>>
>> No, you misunderstood the instructions. The "updated data" means
>> your sql data, not kronolith files. I always backup my sql data and
>> full horde directory before upgrade, so I can step back if
>> something goes wrong.
>>
>>> "backup" of the old directory.  Are you saying that you do NOT
>>> start with an empty dir?
>>
>> Yes!
>
> Okay, I started over, and this time I upgraded over my 3.0.11, but
> I'm still getting the same error...
>
> Any other ideas?

I got it now...

It had occurred to me that the problem is probably not with kronolith,
but the horde application framework.  It had also occurred to me that
I had been given conflicting information regarding the upgrade.  Jan
insisted that I start with an empty directory, and you insist that I
don't... but perhaps what he meant was that is only true when
upgrading from 3.x to 4.x...  I can only guess now that this is so.

So, I forced an complete upgrade of horde over my current horde
install, and that fixed the problem.

I appreciate your input, Maurício.

Thank you.

-Chris