[kronolith] Two config questions

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Tue Nov 29 20:39:41 UTC 2011

> Zitat von ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:
>
>> ----- Message from cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com> ---------
>>   Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:00:39 -0500
>>   From: cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>
>> Subject: [kronolith] Two config questions
>>     To: kronolith at lists.horde.org
>>

>>> Hello again,
>>>
>>> Two related questions:
>>>
>>> 1) I want to know if it is possible to setup kronolith to
>>> automatically look for "free busy" at the standard
>>> 	https://www.myhordeserver.com/horde/kronolith/fb.php?u=$username.
>>>  It seems that everyone needs to put this in their respective
>>> address books -- and of course, they balk at being responsible for
>>> this.  Since the url is always the same for everyone on the same
>>> horde server, can it be set to default to look here, then, if no
>>> joy, look to the address book entry.
>>
>> I also would prefer to work this way.  If the attendee is not part
>> of personal address book, then use the default free busy URL.
>
> It doesn't work that easy. Attendees are identified by email
> addresses, and there is no simple mapping from email addresses to
> Horde user names. Also see http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/4092
>
> Jan.

Hmm... maybe you have considered this before, but if you know you are
dealing with your own email domain would it not be safe to assume that
what comes before the @ sign is the username?  At least make a quick
check for for the free-busy info with that name?  Something else would
have to be done if people are using email aliases of course...  Maybe
this gets hairy with other backends like ldap or kolab, or even sql --
but I have always just used the local accounts authenticated through
imp/imap, and at least on the surface, this would seem possible.

Somehow MS exchange manages this behavior.  I wonder how they
accomplish this...

My organization is reasonably small, and I cannot get my users to use
the free-busy info... how do larger corporations using horde handle
this?

-Thanks.