[kronolith] Two config questions

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Tue Dec 6 14:26:25 UTC 2011

>>> What about the hook for the search_soruces value? You configured a
>>> hook, but I don't see it in the information you posted above.
>>>
>>> --
>>> mike
>>
>> I was directed not to do that earlier in this thread... (not by
>> you, of course ;) )
>>
>> So, I think I know what you mean, but I'm not sure I got the syntax
>> right.  I put this in my horde/kronolith/config/prefs.local.php:
>>
>> $_prefs['search_sources'] = array(
>>    'value' => 'localsql'
>> );
>>
>> I also tried this:
>>
>> $_prefs['search_sources'] = array(
>>    'value' => json_encode(array('localsql'))
>> );
>>
>> Neither is working, so this must be wrong. Can you give me an
>> example of how this works?
>
> localsql won't work if you are using shares (which Turba does out of
> the box), since each address book/share has it's own unique id. If
> you want to pre-populate and lock this preference you need to use a
> hook. There is *no* way to know at configuration time what the value
> of this prefs should be for every user. I've not tried to do this
> personally though, so there very well may be a reason why the prefs
> hook can't determine the correct values. You said you tried a hook
> earlier but were told not to? What was the reason, and what was your
> hook?
>
> If you don't want to pre-populate or lock this preference for a
> specific reason, then you should just use the prefs UI to add all of
> your address books to this pref.
>
> --
> mike

Okay, I'm confused.  I have been looking and looking, but I cannot
find any documentation on how or when to use hooks.php -- and after
what you said, I'm not sure it is even appropriate here.  I'm getting
the sense that my last benefactor did not understand what I'm trying
to do, and inadvertently sent me down the wrong path.

All I want to do is get kronolith to parse all the addressbooks each
user has access to.  They are all localsql addressbooks.  As it is
now, it only parses the default, primary addressbook for the user.
Therefore, everyone's free-busy info in a secondary or shared
addressbook is not accessible to kronolith when inviting attendees
(and auto completion doesn't work for them either).

On the preferences page ("options" in kronolith), under "Free/Busy
Information", I have all of the addressbooks highlighted under "Choose
the calendars to include in the above Free/Busy URL:".  I thought this
would accomplish what I want -- but it isn't.  So I was easily
persuaded that the hooks.php and prefs.local.php config files were my
ticket.  Again, now I'm thinking I went down the wrong path, as it
seems that is really for drawing in addressbooks from backend sources
other than localsql...

Please don't let my confusion infect you.  All I want to do is what I
stated two paragraphs above this one.  If you could advise me on how
to do this, I would be very grateful.

-Thank you.

-Chris