[kronolith] Two config questions

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Thu Dec 8 01:15:30 UTC 2011

> Quoting cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:
>
>> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> These are not address books. As the title suggests, they are
>>> calendars. This pref tells Kronolith which calendars to use when
>>> generating the user's fb information - it has nothing to do with
>>> address books.  What you probably want its the addressbooks prefs.
>>>
>>> --
>>> mike
>>
>> Ugh.. Mike, I'm sorry...  Of course. I was thinking of imp and how
>> that package handles this situation (Under
>> Preferences:Addressbooks:"Choose the order of address books to
>> search when expanding addresses.").  I got drawn away in a rush,
>> and cut-and pasted that without review.  I'm sorry.  I'm just
>> getting frustrated here, and it is only one of many things on my
>> plate lately.  I will be more  mindful of that.
>>

>> What I want to do is get kronolith to parse all the addressbooks
>> each user has access to.  They are all localsql addressbooks.  As
>> it is now, it only parses the default addressbook for the user.
>> Therefore, everyone's free-busy info in a secondary or shared
>> addressbooks is not accessible to kronolith when inviting attendees
>> (and auto completion doesn't work for them either).
>>
>> For example:  I have Carl in my default addressbook.  I have Cathy
>> in a second addressbook (selected to be used under "Address Books"
>> in turba).  I create a new event, I click on "Attendees".  I type
>> "Ca".  Carl shows up in the autotext drop-down, but Cathy does not.
>>  Furthermore, if I hand type Cathy's email address, her free-busy
>> info is not acknowledged, whereas Carl's is.
>>

>> I have checked: "List all contacts when loading the contacts
>> screen?", under "Options:Addressbook".  But this is not achieving
>> what I want, perhaps that is not its purpose at all.  I have tried
>> all the edits Anant suggested in this thread, but I think that that
>> advice was offered because he didn't understand what I'm trying to
>> accomplish.  I think he thought that I was trying to pull from a
>> source other than localsql, and I'm not.
>>

>> Can you please help me to understand how to get kronolith to parse
>> ALL of a user's localsql databases?  If it is supposed to do this
>> by default -- it isn't.
>
> That is exactly the purpose of the various Address Books prefs in
> Kronolith. Do you see all your user's address books in the
> multi-enum boxes on that prefs screen (the "Choose the order of
> address books to search..." section)?
>

> --
> mike

Hi Mike,

No, no such setting exists anywhere in my Kronolith preferences
(Options).  Under "Address Books", the only thing I have listed there
is this:

"List all contacts when loading the contacts screen? (if disabled, you
will only see contacts that you search for explicitly)"

And that is checked.  I can find nothing under Preferences/Options
other than that which deals with address books.

Under my preferences in turba, however,  under "Address Books" I have
a screen that sounds like that, and all of the address books are put
under "These address books will display in this order:"

In Imp, under Preferences:Address Books, there is a similar thing:
"Choose the order of address books to search when expanding addresses"
  -- But nothing like this exists for the prefs (Options) for Kronolith.

-Chris