[kronolith] Problem addind attendees

Julio C. Ortega roliverio at vaslibre.org.ve
Mon Jan 23 19:26:09 UTC 2012

Good afternoon.

I've come across a weird bug in kronolith when adding atendees (Names
with email addresses) to an event.

I'm Using Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 4.0.3 and my kronolith
version it's 3.0.11

The Adress Book it's on an LDAP Server, and it's working correctly
whenever composing, sending mail or searching for a user. It's also
activated for kronolith and attendee auto-completion.

It's important to remark that complete names (cn attribute) on this
LDAP server are accentuated and/or they have tildes, like: á, é, ó, ñ,
etc... (also the givenName and sn attributes respect this format)

The problem arises when i need to add an attendee to an event from
auto-completion, let's say that i'm searching for a user whose first
name it's "José", I promptly start to search for the user, so then
Kronolith (and thus horde/turba) correctly returns all users on the
Adress Book that match the search criteria, but when i select the
one(s) i want, Kronolith complains with: "Validation Failed for: José
xxxx <jose.xxxx at domain.com>"

My map from turba -> backends.local.php is the following:

'firstname' => 'givenName',
'lastname' => 'sn',
'name' => array('fields' => array('firstname', 'lastname'),
                            'format' => '%s %s'),
                            'parse' => array(
                                       array('fields' =>
array('firstname', 'lastname'),
                            'format' => '%s %s')),

When does the problem NOT arise: (e.j. The Attendee is added
correctly, thus checking it's calFBURL)

1) When i add attendees only by email (not auto-completing)
2) When setting order: Lastname, Firstname in turba->preferences->Name
Format, when set to this and ONLY this format, the name is double
quoted, thus escaping correctly the name string. Doesn't happen with
Firstname, Lastname.

Is there any way to make turba/kronolith escape correctly the name
string of the user when the order it's set to "Firstname,Lastname" or
even when there's no specific name format preference?

I've opened a bug http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/10936

Thanks for any pointer in the right direction.