[kronolith] ActiveSync-Support iOS

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Feb 23 14:17:10 UTC 2012

Quoting Anna Christina Naß <acn at annachristina.eu>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add ActiveSync to my Horde installation for calendar
> and address book syncing.
>
> I think it works so far; I can connect to my server from my iPhone
> and I see the iPhone in Hordes list of "ActiveSync devices".
>
> But when I try to sync the calendars (I use one for myself and one
> group calendar, shared amongst some users in Horde), I only see one
> "Calendar" entry in the Calendar App on my iPhone.
> The wiki page (http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync) states that it is
> possible to sync more than one calendar.

> I checked the "Synchronization Preferences" setting in Kronoliths
> settings and activated the other calendar, but my iPhone still sees
> only one calendar.
>
> As I use Google Apps next to my Horde accounts, I think it is
> possible to sync more than one calendar over some kind of ActiveSync
> protocol.
>
> What am I missing?

The calendars are multiplexed - meaning that all of the calendars
appear as a single calendar on the device. The pure EAS protocol does
not allow for multiple calendars or address books. All events from all
synchronized calendars should be synched. When edited, the maintain
the relationship with the parent calendar - though all NEW events are
added to the user's "default" calendar.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)