[kronolith] How to debug the import of ics calendars?

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Sun Apr 1 20:50:45 UTC 2012

I have Kronolith 3.0.16 installed and working fine with SQL backend. I
am trying to import a large (over 4000 appointments) iCal/ics file which
was exported from Thunderbird/Lightning. The import fails silently. When
I query the SQL back-end - I can see that 157 appointments have been
imported - no matter how many times I repeat the process. I need to find
out a bit more about what is going on, so that I can amend the .ics file
and fix whatever is stopping the import.

I've enabled logging in Horde -> Logging, set the priority to "Debug"
and type to "File". However, there doesn't seem to be anything in the
resulting log relating to the import. Maybe the import module doesn't
log to the main log? Any other way that I can extract some useful
information as to what is going on?

It would be really good if the import process would spit errors straight
into the web interface. When I've imported address books into Turba - I
got straight SQL error message back thrown at me - which was very useful
in tracking down where things got jammed.

Any hints are appreciated.

Sebastian