[kronolith] private entries: visibility to others

Jens-Uwe Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Mon Nov 26 17:56:26 UTC 2012

Hi *,

I just tested "private calender entries".

 From the confidentiality point of view, I had expected others to just
see the time slot as "busy", but found out that the title was visible
to others as well.

Is this working by design? Is there a different way (than simply
marking the calender entry as "private") to hide all details from
users with shared access to my calendar?

Regards,
Jens

PS: Of course, this is a simple "obscurity"-type of security - as the
calendar entries are readable to those given access to my shared
calendar, any other application (including IMP) may display the full
details of a calendar entry.
--
Jens-U. Mozdzen                         voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : jmozdzen at nde.ag

         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983