[kronolith] private entries: visibility to others

Jens-Uwe Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Wed Nov 28 13:52:55 UTC 2012

Hi Jan,

Zitat von kronolith-request at lists.horde.org:
> Zitat von Jens-Uwe Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>
>> Hi *,
>>
>> I just tested "private calender entries".
>>
>> From the confidentiality point of view, I had expected others to
>> just see the time slot as "busy", but found out that the title was
>> visible to others as well.
>>
>> Is this working by design? Is there a different way (than simply
>> marking the calender entry as "private") to hide all details from
>> users with shared access to my calendar?
>
> Works fine with SQL here. Are you sure it's not simply the private
> flags from Kolab events getting lost? Do you see it set when opening
> the event?

the entry is displayed with the "private entry" lock symbol, so I
assume that flag was preserved.

UserA created the event and marked it "private". UserA can see and
edit the event, and the "private" flag is set.

UserB has read-only access to the Kolab-based calendar of UserB. UserB
can see the event in the calendar overview with the original title
(and the "private"-indicating lock symbol). UserB can open the event
in the "edit" view, where the fields "title", "location",
"description", "private" and "status" are filled with the original
values. UserB can only store a copy of this event, of course.

I'd have expected that UserB would only get to see start and end date
and the "private" status flag of that event.

With regards,
Jens

--
Jens-U. Mozdzen                         voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : jmozdzen at nde.ag

         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983