[kronolith] If you export a calendar from kronolith 3 and then import into kronolith 4.02 using the ics format do you lose anything significant?

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:09:27 UTC 2012

On 11/28/12 6:30 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von gimili <gimili17 at gmail.com>:
>
>> If you export a calendar from kronolith 3 and then import into
>> kronolith 4.02 using the ics format do you lose anything
>> significant?  Does this create problems?
>> Thank you kindly,
>>

> Why would you want to do that? Anyway, it should basically work but
> you might lose any information that's not supported by iCalendar.

Thanks Jan.  I may be crazy but I was thinking that it might be safer
for me to just import the shared calendar into a fresh horde install
which I have up and running perfectly compared to running the upgrade on
the current server which is in use.  I am a little concerned that the
upgrade will go wrong and we really rely on the calendar.  Plus there
will be down down while I am doing the upgrade from horde 4 to 5.  I am
not sure how long it will take.  I know how to backup my existing horde
database but I am not sure how to get back to horde 4 fairly quickly if
I end up having problems with the upgrade.
Thanks again,

--
gimili