[kronolith] manually set up event folder

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Fri Dec 14 13:22:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

I still seem to be unable to create a new calendar folder in my Kolab
storage backend, but tagged that as "known bug".

Therefore, I'd like to manually set up such a folder using "cyradm"
and noticed that I already have quite a number of wannabe calendar
folders in my name space, obviously from earlier attempts using H5,
and earlier times as well.

As none of these IMAP folders is listed in kronolith, I was wandering
what criteria were used to identify calendars. My first guess was the
"folder-type" attribute, but that already seems set:

(default calendar)
> info user/myuser/Kalender at company.com
{user/myuser/Kalender at company.com}:
   [...]
   folder-test: true
   folder-type: event.default
   incidences-for: admins
   pxfb-readable-for:

(calendar folder not seen by kronolith)
> info user/myuser/KalenderPrivat at company.com
{user/myuser/KalenderPrivat at company.com}:
   [...]
   folder-type: event

When I try to add "KalenderPrivat" as a new calendar in kronolith,
then the (technically correct) error "already exists" is reported.

What might I do to that folder to make kronolith accept it as a
calendar? I have no idea what those other attributes of my default
calendar are required for - the other folders don't have these set but
I wouldn't want to just add them without knowing what that may cause.

Regards,
Jens