[kronolith] Times off by 25 hours

HiP-HiPpO arthur at cdne.net
Mon Dec 31 19:48:54 UTC 2012

> Quoting HiP-HiPpO <arthur at cdne.net>:

>>>    Sounds like a very broken timezone definition. But hard to tell
>>> without
>>>    some raw iCalender export sample.
>>>    --
>>
>>   Attached is a zipped export ics file from within horde.  Oddly, it
>> lists a
>>   TZID of Europe/Zurich.  It should be America/Los_Angeles.
>>
>>   `cat /etc/timezone` from the horde server 5.0.2 shows
>> America/Los_Angeles
>>
>>   `date` on the horde server is correct  mysql> SELECT now(); is also
>>   correct.
>
>  These have nothing to do with the timezone Kronolith uses. Make sure
> you set a default timezone in php.ini and that the user's timezone
> preference is correct.

Yes, timezone was set in php.ini as Americas/Los_Angeles and the Locale and
Time settings in Horde preferences are also set to this.

The event time mis-behavior is consistent across platforms.  It is seen on
Thunderbird running on Ubuntu and on the default Andriod calendar when both
of these clients are syncing to the same kronolith calendar subscription
URL. Thunderbird has a timezone preference setting which is also set to
Los_Angeles.
--
Thanks, Drew