[kronolith] editing shared calendar properties

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 14 12:21:50 UTC 2013

Zitat von Jens-Uwe Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:

> Hi Jan,
>
> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>> Zitat von "Jens-U. Mozdzen" <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>>
>>> Hi *,
>>>
>>> I'm using latest (PEAR) Horde 5, kronolith 4.0.3, with Kolab backend.
>>>
>>> We have created a shared calendar via Kolab, seen in my account as
>>> "shared.vacation". Already via the default permissions as created in
>>> the IMAP backend via Kolab, I could make entries in that calendar.
>>>
>>> But unfortunately, that calendar is displaying it's entries in grey
>>> and I'd need a more prominent color. When I access the calendar's
>>> properties via the pen icon, I cannot change anything, which I
>>> attributed to my access permissions to that IMAP store.
>>>
>>> But even after changing these to maximum, logging off, clearing the
>>> Horde cache and restarting the httpd, I still cannot change any
>>> property.
>>>
>>> It looks like those settings are stored in a folder annotation
>>> ("/vendor/horde/share-params"), including display color and
>>> description. What does Horde require to change that? When I run
>>> cyradm as my user and try to set the annotation, that works fine:
>>>
>>> --- cut here ---
>>> 127.0.0.1> mboxcfg shared.vacation /vendor/horde/share-params
>>> YToxOntzOjU6XCJjb2xvclwiO3M6NzpcIiMwMGZmMDBcIjt9
>>> 127.0.0.1> info shared.vacation
>>> {shared.vacation}:
>>>  condstore: true
>>>  duplicatedeliver: false
>>>  lastpop:
>>>  lastupdate: 11-Jan-2013 19:19:07 +0100
>>>  partition: default
>>>  sharedseen: false
>>>  size: 5400
>>>  share-params: YToxOntzOjU6XCJjb2xvclwiO3M6NzpcIiMwMGZmMDBcIjt9
>>>  folder-type: event
>>> 127.0.0.1>
>>> --- cut here ---
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Jens
>>
>> Only share owners can change share properties.
>
> pardon my ignorance, but in case of a resource created under
> "shared", who'd be the owner? How might I find out (IOW, how does
> Horde determine the owner)?

What does "shared" mean anyway, is that the public namespace?

> If it's the user that created the share ("IMAP directory"), that'd
> be the special Kolab user that is defined as the Kolab admin... and
> is defined to Horde as an admin as well. Since it's the Horde admin,
> that user cannot access the kronolith dialogs to edit the folder
> properties: When I log in to Horde as an admin, all other
> applications but Horde itself are unavailable.

This is on purpose, though I don't know why.

> If it's detected by checking that the resource is in the (current
> user's) personal name space, then nobody ever would be the owner:
> The resource is only available under "shared".

That would most logically map to "system calendars" in Horde then. We
can override permissions on other share backends than Kolab to allow
administrators access to non-owned system calendars. This won't work
with Kolab backends, because it depends on ACLs. We might those folder
still consider system calendars, but also requiring admins to have
sufficient ACLs. But that's not implemented currently.

> If the above is true, then I'd have no current way to edit the
> properties, but manually. Could you point me to a place (in the code
> or docs) where I might find out the structure of the "share-params"
> attribute? As you probably have already determined from my quoted
> value above, my manual approach currently only tries to set the
> display color, which did not show any effect after re-login to
> Horde/kronolith.

It's a serialized PHP array, spotting the color field should be easy.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project