[kronolith] kronolith 4.0.3 breaks shared folder access for me

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 14 20:34:53 UTC 2013

Zitat von "Jens-U. Mozdzen" <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:

> Isn't it fun responding to one's own messages?
>
>> after applying the update to kronolith 4.0.3 (and deleting the
>> Horde cache), I can no longer see the list of calendars when
>> starting kronolith. The dynamically list on the left forever
>> remains at "loading calendars". The error log contains:
>>
>> 2013-01-14T12:45:08+00:00 WARN: HORDE [kronolith] PHP ERROR:
>> array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array [pid 1045 on line 342 of
>> "/usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Share/Kolab.php"]
>
> It seems that, while the new code did exhibit a problem the old code
> didn't, the root cause was bad data in the configuration store.
>
> As I'm currently trying to understand the structure of the
> "shared-folder" annotation stored in our IMAP store, I decoded that
> value from various folders. Some of these folder were created with
> H4 (or probably even Horde 1.2.8), one with some older version of
> H5, that still might have had problems with our Kolab back-end.
>
> It turned out that one of those "old" folders contained a
> "share_name" structure (base64-encoded), that wouldn't decode to the
> expected format. This then somehow lead to the above message.
> Unfortunately, that folder was not only shared with the other users,
> but activated for display with all users, leading to that error for
> any user we had tested with.
>
> After fixing that structure, everything is working with the new
> code. And as a hint for others hitting that problem too: If you get
> "mailbox does not exist" error pop-ups when activating shared
> mailboxes (or when starting kronolith), if mailboxes are missing in
> your list or are without name, then try to isolate that mailbox and
> delete the share-folder annotation at the imap level.
>
> A question to the developers: Is there somewhere in the Horde 5 code
> some tool/code that I could use to check the content of all
> "share-folder" annotations? I seem to have some really weird
> attributes stored in one or another of those, it might be helpful to
> do some "plausibility check" at least during/after an upgrade.

How did the structure look like, and how was it different from the
current structure? We might have to support and convert it, if this
was created by an earlier stable version.
Going through all folders with an external script is not easily
possible due to permissions.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project