[kronolith] Invitation e-mail wrong?

Jens-Uwe Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Wed Jan 16 17:04:06 UTC 2013

Two more pieces of information:

> Please note that the HTML shows Jan 18 only, while the ICS parts
> show 18 - 19!
>
> After I accepted the email (accept change and update calendar),
> kronolith now says "start date Jan 18, end > date Jan 19", but
> displays it for Jan 18 only:

after logging out, stopping Apache, clearing the H5 cache, restarting
Apache and logging in again, the event is actually displayed as two
days. From this and other experience I have to say: H5 seems to have a
severe caching problem. And just logging off/on didn't help, I had to
clear the cache and/or restart Apache, too.

> What puzzles me more: When I create another event, two-days all-day
> from Jan 18 to Jan 19, it's displayed by krono for both days and the
> IMAP file has "<start-date>2013-01-18</start-date>",
> "<end-date>2013-01-19</end-date>", so basically what I have for the
> first event after accepting the invitation - but event1 is displayed
> for Jan 18 only, while event2 is displayed for Jan 18 and Jan 19.
>
> Heeeeelp.

What I failed to check was the content of the invitation email - it
was inconsistent as well... while HTML correctly showed 18 Jan 00:00
to Jan 19 23:59, the ICS parts were again a day longer: Jan 18 to 20.
After accepting my own invitation, again the stored event was modified
to the new date range, making it one day longer than originally planned.

My conclusion: The invitation emails are in fact inconsistent and,
concerning the ICS part, wrong.

Regards,
Jens
--
Jens-U. Mozdzen                         voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : jmozdzen at nde.ag

         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983