[kronolith] Calendar permissions via xmlrpc / python

Guenter Bartsch guenter.bartsch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 13:11:35 UTC 2013

jan,

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>> not sure what implicit and explicit permissions are? are all the
>> permissions I set using the web gui implicit?
>

> No, the opposite. Explicit permissions are those set in the GUI. Implicit
> are permissions defined by a user role, e.g. of administrators or share
> owners.

I see - makes sense

> And did you actually request the permission for one of those users? In your
> script you use horde_login as the 3rd parameter, which, I assume, is the
> owner of the calendar that your are querying.

ah! now I am slowly beginning to understand how this interface works -
so essentially the third parameter is the user for which i am
requesting permissions. I tried specifying a different user now -
however:

horde:   kronolith/heiko/vzIvbK9GdIOq7PEPgu3otg1: {'browseable': True,
'name': 'Events from Shared Kalender von Heiko', 'icon': {'': [],
'app': 'kronolith'}}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sync.py", line 254, in <module>
    perms = server.horde.listUserPermissions ("kronolith", base_id, "guenter")
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1199, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1489, in __request
    verbose=self.__verbose
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1243, in request
    headers
xmlrpclib.ProtocolError: <ProtocolError for
heiko:Apoo2wee at mail2.sl-rasch.de/horde/rpc.php: 500 Internal Server
Error>

checking apache's error log tells me:

[Tue Jan 29 14:05:32 2013] [error] [client 192.168.16.7] PHP Fatal
error:  Class 'Perms' not found in /var/www/webmail/lib/Api.php on
line 583

ist there a pear package that I am missing or something?

also: how do I request the complete list of permissions, not just the
ones specific to one user? (I am trying to create a sync script here
helping us transistion from OX to horde so I would like to
automatically create calendars in horde with the exact same
permissions they have in OX)

thanks,

   guenter