[kronolith] ActiveSync editing bug

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Tue Feb 19 09:47:49 UTC 2013

Hello

Am 19.02.2013 schrieb Simon Brereton:

> I think you might be right - because when I look on the device the
> "all-day" appointment is now from Sun 00:00 to Mon 00:00 and at that
> point changing it to an all-day appointment on the device is what
> seems to cause it to add the extra day.  Rinse and repeat.

Just to be safe: Are you certain you changed the appointment to "all
day Sunday"?

I'm asking this because of the following little problem: If you just
click the "all day" box, most calendar softwares just remove the time
part. Thus, an appointment from Sun 00:00 to Mon 00:00 becomes a two
day appointment from Sunday to Monday. It's not even a software bug
per se, it's a UI design flaw (which is pretty universal).

Also, check the timezones. Many calendar apps automatically turn
all-day events into normal events if the timezone of the app and the
server don't match.

--
SIP          sip:christof at sip.lugs.ch                SIPBroker *2731001
Jabber/GTalk christof at buergi.lugs.ch                 ICQ       21348341