[kronolith] ActiveSync editing bug

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Tue Feb 19 15:33:03 UTC 2013

Hello

Am 19.02.2013 schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Christof Buergi <christof at buergi.lugs.ch>:
>
>> Also, check the timezones. Many calendar apps automatically turn
>> all-day events into normal events if the timezone of the app and
>> the server don't match.
>
> For ActiveSync this would never happen. All time data sent to the
> device is sent as UTC. There is no mention of any other timezone. It
> is the client's responsibility to translate the time to the devices
> configured timezone.

Okay, that's iCal/CalDAV specific, then.

That said, I looked around the net a bit. Every single current mobile
platform seems to have at least on version, who gets all-day events
through ActiveSync wrong. Even WindowsPhone.

--
SIP          sip:christof at sip.lugs.ch                SIPBroker *2731001
Jabber/GTalk christof at buergi.lugs.ch                 ICQ       21348341