[kronolith] accepting invitations does not add them to the calendar

Calendar Debug calendar-debug at gbif.org
Mon Feb 25 12:47:20 UTC 2013

Hi Jan, Jens,

On 02/25/2013 12:04 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Calendar Debug <calendar-debug at gbif.org>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm testing a horde webmail groupware installation and it seems that
>> events are not added to the attendees' calendars when clicking on the
>> "accept and update in my calendar" -> Go button.
>>
>> The scenario is:
>>
>> initiator:
>> - creates event in Horde UI
>> - adding attendee; attendee Free/busy shown as green;  green box "the
>> notification was successfully sent"
>> - receives email about event being added (notification)
>> - event is shown in the initiator's calendar
>>
>> attendee:
>> - "accept and update in my calendar"-> Go; the UI says "the event was
>> updated in your calendar"; "reply sent"
>
> That's the point. It was UPDATED not ADDED.
>
>> - the event is NOT added to the attendee's calendar
>>
>> initiator:
>> - receives email from attendee about the invitation being accepted
>> - clicks on "update respondent status"; green box "respondent status
>> updated"
>> - editing the event -> "attendees" tab shows the attendee with status
>> "accepted" (checked) BUT the free/busy is still green - probably because
>> the event has not been added in the attendee's calendar.
>>
>> Both users have full permissions on each others calendars. The interface
>> is dynamic.
>
> And this is the culprit. Either use shared calendars or invitations.
> Mixing both doesn't make sense and has side-effects like this.

Thank you both for replying. That was indeed the case - switching
permissions to delegate-only made it work.

I'm glad it was me :-)

I've tried half a dozen calendars during the last 2 weeks and
Horde/Kronolith seems by FAR the closest to what we need.

I also have another question about cross-platform integration, mainly if
you know from experience if the invitation/accepting process works
between Outlook and Mac Mail/Apple Calendar.

Ideally for us the stubborn Windows users should be able to exchange
events/invitations/status updates with the stubborn Apple users using
their dedicated clients, but so far I haven't had much luck in my tests
as responses to invitations and status updates get
misinterpreted/ignored between clients. If you could tell me that it
SHOULD work then it means I'm doing something wrong and I'll dig more
into it and then post a new question with the details.

Users will understandably prefer (read "insist") to employ their
respective platform clients for all emails and not have to open calendar
related emails with the Horde web interface nor to use the same client
on all platforms (for instance Thunderbird)...

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Andrei