[kronolith] Strange Delay on calender export

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Mon Apr 22 21:25:46 UTC 2013

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> today we noticed a really strange problem with teh calenders of one
>> user. Access by browser worked as normal, overall load on the
>> webserver and on the database was low. Access by
>> Thunderbird/Lightning (iCal) was near impossible. A manual download
>> with the URL used for iCal abonement stalled for around 5 minutes
>> until the file was delivered. Importing this file and overwriting
>> the original calender immediately solved the problem. So the
>> question is what could cause this stall for iCal downloads without
>> any server load at all? Has anyone see something similar and what
>> else could we check?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Andreas
>
> Are you using timezones? Does the server has access to the (remote)
> timezone database?

If we are using timezones, i'm not sure. Kronolith is set to use UTC
database entries, if the user has set non default timezone i don't
know. The access to the default
ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/tzdata-latest.tar.gz might be a problem because
it is a restricted DMZ machine. Is it possible to use the Linux
built-in with "file://usr/share/zoneinfo" instead?

Regards

Andreas