[kronolith] Caldav and E-Mail-like-Usernames

Serban Teodorescu teodorescu.serban at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 13:41:22 UTC 2013

CentOS 6.3
PHP 5.3.23
Apache/2.2.15
Dovecot 2.0.9
mysql-server-5.5.31-16.el6.art.x86_64
Horde 5.1.0 fresh install - pear installation

Accounts backend: MySQL
Horde authentication: uses IMP (IMP authenticates to dovecot)
Dovecot is setup to accept authentications with username part only (default
domain enabled) - i modified dovecot config to support this in an attempt
to get rid of "@" in username.
To be sure users will not get duplicated if they are trying to log in to
horde with username only or with full email address, i modified hooks.php
-> function authusername as:
    public function authusername($userId, $toHorde)
    {
        if (strpos($userId, '@')) {
           $userId = substr($userId, 0, strpos($userId, '@'));
        }
        return $userId;
    }

I hope this may help you pinpoint the problem.