[kronolith] Adding Remote CalDAV Calendars

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Sep 6 08:10:50 UTC 2013

Zitat von "Daniel A. Mayer" <mail at daniel-mayer.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I am running Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.1.2 with Kronolith 4.1.3
> and would like to add a CalDAV calendar hosted on an existing CalDAV
> server to Kronolith. The caldav server is a darwin / apple
> calendarserver which I've been using for a several years now using
> different clients.
>
> Here is what happens when I try to add the calendar: In Horde on the
> calendar screen I click on the plus sign next to "Remote Calendars". I
> enter the URL to the calendar:
> https://<server>:8443/calendars/users/mayer/calendar/ . Horde then asks
> me for user name and password. After entering those I receive the
> message "The authentication information you specified wasn't accepted.".
>
> On the caldav server I only see the following two requests:
> OPTIONS /calendars/users/mayer/calendar/ HTTP/1.0

This is Kronolith checking for CalDAV capabilities.

> PROPFIND /calendars/users/mayer/calendar/ HTTP/1.0

This is Kronolith doing a first CalDAV request.

> The call that is failing on the horde side appears to be
> "POST /services/ajax.php/kronolith/getRemoteInfo HTTP/1.1" 200 1274
>
> Am I trying to add the calendar the right way?

Yes.

> How does Kronolith
> determine whether I am adding a caldav calendar instead of subscribing
> to a remote ics file?

It checks for CalDAV headers in the OPTIONS response.

>  If this is the right way of doing it, any
> suggestions on how to further debug this?

You can log the traffic to /tmp/horde_debug.txt by using
Horde::debug() calls in kronolith/lib/Driver/Ical.php. See
http://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/Debug
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project