[kronolith] Does delegate work?

Ken Olum kdo at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Sep 6 16:50:09 UTC 2013

I would like to create a calendar which will be shared by several
users with the rule that any user can create an event, and each user
can edit the events they created, but not the events other users
created.

Is this the purpose of the "delegate" permission?  Does it work?

I tried creating a calendar and giving "Delegate" permission to "All
Authenticated Users".  Then I logged in is a different user and tried
to create an event in this calendar.  With dynamic view on, my
calendar does not even appear in the dropdown list of calendars when I
click "New Event".  With dynamic view off, I can select this shared
calendar and proceed to fill out the new event form.  But when I click
"Save Event", my event silently disappears and never shows up on the
calendar.

I just upgraded Horde and Kronolith on my server, so this is Horde version
5.1.4 and Kronolith-4.1.3.

Thanks for your help.

                                        Ken