[kronolith] Kronolith 4.1.4: Emailed iTip and Agenda's contain links that don't work properly

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Mon Jan 20 17:01:55 UTC 2014

On Monday, January 20, 2014 05:49:05 PM Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Anthony Messina <amessina at messinet.com>:

> >> It doesn't matter if YOU have a from address set.
> >
> > Ok, here is the full URL that is included in the iTip request with my work
> > email address (external to Horde) as an attendee.  Only the domain name is
> > changed.
> >
> > https://messinet.com/horde/kronolith/attend.php?c=sjl6ZxQGR3qgtDGCu_MWaA1&
> > e=CUqf_tiKYIZcZ7e58kjcbw2&u=amessina%40example.org&a=accept
> >
> > I see the "u" is set to my work email address.  When I log into work to
> > get
> > the request and click on "Accept" after "If your email client doesn't
> > support iTip requests you can use the following links to:", I again
> > receive the following error:
> >
> > busy
> > No from address provided.
> >
> > Apparently I must be misunderstanding something because
> >
> > 1) I don't see how an attendee WITH a Horde account can indicate
> > acceptance to
> > an event by using these links unless they are also logged into Horde.
>
> Not at all, attendees don't have anything to do with Horde users.
>
> > 2) How then does an attendee WITHOUT a Horde account indicate
> > acceptance to an
> > event by using these links?
>
> Through the address provided by u.

Ok, then I am figuring this properly and there is an issue--the iTip response
URLs don't work in the following cases:

1) A Horde user must be logged into Horde: IF the user has a Horde account AND
IS logged into Horde, they get "You have successfully accepted attendence to
this event."  IF a Horde user IS NOT logged into Horde, they get "No from
address provided."

2) Non-Horde (external) addresses always get "No from address provided" as
they cannot login to Horde.

-A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E