[kronolith] Missing old events in Kronolith

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Sun Feb 9 19:45:35 UTC 2014

Citeren Sandra Weddig <Sandra.Weddig at gmx.de>:

> Hi!
>
> I am using the Horde Groupware with Kronolith to store my events and
> sync them with android phones.

Are the events really removed from the database, or are they no longer
displayed on the phone?

Many ActiveSync clients will only show current events and some for a
few weeks in the past by default. Any older ones will no longer be
visible (although it might be possible to overrule this in the
client). Restoring them from a backup might bring them back
temporarily, until they are older than x weeks again.

> Since I switched to this project my users complain about missing events
> (which I have to restore vom mysql-backups) from time to time.
>
> It's highly sure, that all these events are in the past (I think more
> than 4 weeks) and are non recurring.
>
> Any idea what can go wrong?

Have a look at the 'purge_events', 'purge_events_interval' and
'purge_events_keep' preferences for Kronolith. That's the only way I
can think off where Horde might be dropping (old) events from the
database.