[kronolith] One user has a slow calendar..

Cameron Kelly ckelly at tecsask.com
Fri Mar 28 01:04:33 UTC 2014

Hi Guys,

First time posting here, so please forgive any errors in etiquette I may
have made.

I have a unusual situation here where it one of my users calendar loads
up really slow. All the users share about 10 different calendars, from a
central calendar account. They all access mostly the same calendars.
This particular user has the same exact calendars and permissions as two
others, but their calendars load up fast. Loading this users calendar is
slow on any computer or browser I've tested it on. The calendar
preferences are identical.

What exactly happen is this: The calendar page itself loads up fine,
then the actual calendar entries slowly load up, one shared calendar at
a time, with around a 1-3 second delay between each calendar. So
Valerie's calendar entries appear, then a few seconds later Fred's
calendar entries appear, then a few seconds later Bill's calendar
entries appear, and so on. By time all the calendar entries show up its
quite a wait. Everyone else's accounts don't have this issue, the entire
set of calenders load completely within 1 to 1.5 seconds, very fast. On
the horde homepage, the users calendar is loaded instantly, just in
kronolith itself it is acting strangely. I'm at a loss at what could be
different with this particular users account that would make it act so
differently?

This isn't the result of an update as far as I can tell since I hadn't
updated horde around the time this started.

This running Horde Groupware 5.1.0, Kronolith 4.1.5, on Centos 6.5. I'm
lost at this point, so if anyone has any suggestions of things to look
for or to try out I'd very much appreciate it.

Cheers!
Ck