[kronolith] Version Kronolith H5 (4.1.3)

dan at lbocean.com dan at lbocean.com
Sun Apr 20 05:30:35 UTC 2014

First let me say I love the Groupware, and I'm trying to get adapted
to the newest version, after being on an older one (3.1) for a long
time.  In doing so, I'm having a few issues with the Calendar and a
few of its functions

The Groupware (5.1.1) is on a brand new VPS account (Linux based),
that includes a cPanel install, which in turn has the Groupware.  No
existing data.

The important part (for me) is the Calendar.  This new version has a
lot of good stuff, but I'm having issues with a few area's that I
believe isn't the Groupware, but instead what surrounds it.

The current version of Kronolith installed is H5 (4.1.3).  I've done
the basic steps of settings within the Groupware and the Calendar.

Troubles:  The three items below all have to do with the
Categories/Tags in Kronolith.  (I'm really into using the Labels in
the previous version, and with this new version, happy to see the
feature still there, but nothings working quite right.  I have a
feeling its the install, and the host is no help as they no little
about the groupware on the server.

(1)
- Categories/Tags: I setup just a couple items with colors for
testing.  Then went into the calendar and added an entry. When I got
to the tags area, its not a pull-down menu, rather, its an empty
field, to which, when beginning to type a label name, a small circle
begins to spin, but then nothing comes up, then stops.  (I'm assuming
that its trying to perform a search, but doesn't bring anything up.)

I proceeded with typing the full tag name, then saved the calendar entry.

Looking at the entry afterwards,  its color is a standard grey color,
Not the color of the original tag I created.  Further, when going back
into the entry to check on the tag entry, its not there.

(2)
- Tasks:  If I add a Task entry and attempt to add a tag, I get the
same results as in #(1)

(3)
- Notes:  When adding an entry here, the input field is different, its
a pull-down menu (like the old days) and my entry is there, and when
selected and saved, the entry has a color code to it like it should.

Please advise what direction I need to take to insure I have a fully
working version of the Groupware, because I believe something missing
and I'm not catching it because I havn't had the time to learn all the
Groupware's inner workings.

DanH