[kronolith] CalDAV client fails with 401 Authentication error

Aria Bamdad aria at bsc.gwu.edu
Wed Jun 4 16:42:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to test a CalDAV  sync solution for Outlook called iCal4OL
http://ical.gutentag.ch/ but regardless of which calendar URLs I use, I
continue to get a 401 error in my apache logs and the sync client keeps
prompting for user name and password.  In fact, I have seen this behavior
when I tested other DAV clients.  However, I currently have over 100 clients
syncing without any problems using Funambol sync within outlook.  These all
authenticate against the /rpc.php URL.

I am using IMP 6.1.7 with Horde 5.1.6.  Horde authentication is setup for
'Let a Horde application handle authentication' and the application selected
is 'imp'.  IMP authenticates against my IMAP server.

When I use any of the URLs provided for a calendar (CalDAV subscription,
Account URL, WebDAV/ICS, etc.), I get a 401 error in my apache log for the
request that comes in.  I get NO errors in my horde log file.

When I enable IMP IMAP debugging using $servers['imap']['debug'], I see no
attempts to authenticate when a CalDAV request comes in but I DO see one for
when a Funombol request comes in.

Any idea why this is?

Thanks,

Aria