[kronolith] CalDAV client fails with 401 Authentication error

Aria Bamdad aria at bsc.gwu.edu
Thu Jun 5 13:04:28 UTC 2014

> On 4. Juni 2014 21:11:28 MESZ, Aria Bamdad <aria at bsc.gwu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> SOLVED!
>>
>> I had coded (for security) the following two statements in a PHP file:
>>
>> unset($_SERVER['AUTH_PASSWORD']);
>> unset($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW']);
>>
>> that would get executed via an apache auto_prepend_file, example:
>>
>> <IfModule mod_php5.c>
>> php_admin_value auto_prepend_file
>> /etc/apache2/php_auto_prepend_file.php
>> </IfModule>
>>

>> This would disable the availability of the user entered password with
>> PHP code that is executed by apache.  However, it seems that the
>> rpc.php would require this in order to authenticate the DAV client.
>>
>> Once I removed this.  Everything seems to work.
>>
>> What I don't understand is how is Funombol sync client able to
>> authenticate with the above code in place.
>>
>> Aria
>>
>> --
>
> SyncML doesn't use httpbasic authentication.
> --
> Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit K-9 Mail gesendet.

Thanks Jan.  If it doesn't then I am not sure why the above change
fixes the problem.  All I removed were there instructions above.
Basically, I was clearing the values of the two server variables
before apache runs the PHP script.  If I put them back, it stops
authenticating, gets a 401 and I see no IMAP authentication happen.
If I remove them, it works.