[kronolith] timezone problem in Calendar Views

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Sun Jun 15 07:47:43 UTC 2014

Citeren Systeembeheer BCS <adje at bezoekerscentrumsonsbeek.nl>:

> We like the time of an event to appear in the different calendar
> views (Month, Week) so on the Calendar>User interface preference
> page we set "Choose the views to show event start and end times in:"
> to "Month, Week and Day Views". That works fine.
>
> Now when creating a new event in the calendar, some users change the
> timezone in the event window from "Default" to "Europe/Amsterdam".
> That should not make a difference as Europe/Amsterdam is the default
> timezone anyway and all users are set to this. But it does make a
> difference:
> - With the timezone of an event set to default, times displayed in
> the calendar views are correct.
> - Events with the timezone set to Europe/Amsterdam appear with the
> start- en ending times displayed with an offset of -2 hours.
>
> Running Horde Groupware 5.1.4, Kronolith version 4.1.5 on Ubuntu
> server 12.04LTS.
> /etc/timezone on the system is set to Europe/Amsterdam, the 'date'
> command shows the correct local time from the command line.
>
> Maybe related: although Ubuntu has the correct timezone setting, in
> Horde's "global prefs">"Locale and Time" setting all users have to
> set the default timezone to Europe/Amsterdam anyway to get the
> correct time in Horde. I assume Horde always references to UTC
> regardless of system settings?

This is determined by the $conf[calendar][params][utc] parameter from
horde/kronolith/config/conf.php. Since the Netherlands is at the
moment two hours ahead of UTC, I guess this value is currently
'false'. Before setting this to 'true', mind the notes in the
Kronolith administration page, since this will probably break existing
appointments if you don't convert them.