[kronolith] caldav sync not working

Aria Bamdad aria at bsc.gwu.edu
Mon Jul 28 18:41:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

We are trying to test several cladav clients for Outlook to sync to Horde
and are having what appears to be the same problem regardless of which
client we use.  It seem that syncing the contacts works without any
problems.  However when we try to sync a calendar, the client times out or
fails.  Looking at the apache logs, I do see a request come in for what
seems to be the correct URL:

"PROPFIND /rpc.php/calendars/someuser/calendar%3AWQ8DBORNwilUkDCclsVYbg1
HTTP/1.1" 401 291 "-" "WebDAV Collaborator/1.0"

This is the first request without authentication and that's why we get a 401
reply.  The second request is NOT logged in the apache log but is received
(I did a DumpIO trace).  The client sends the second request with proper
credentials but then times out since no response is sent back.  I don't see
any errors on the server side or any activity (running process, etc.).

One odd thing I noticed is the following.  If I login to rpc.php using a
browser, at the top level we see these folders:  principals, calendars,
addressbooks, kronolith, turba, nag, gollem.  Under addressbooks, thre is
'-system-' and below that is the user's address books.  However, under
calendars, there is also '-system-' but below that is 'outbox' and nothing
inside that folder.  However, under kronolith, you can find the user's
calendar.

Thanks for any advise.

Aria