[kronolith] Can't add or edit events in dynamic view Horde webmail 5.2.2, Kronolith 4.2.2

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Oct 30 09:41:35 UTC 2014

Zitat von Eric Van Bocxlaer <evb at ping.be>:

> Citeren Eric Van Bocxlaer <evb at ping.be>:
>
>> Citeren Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>> The difference is we don't use the date format from the preferences in
>>> dynamic view, because we must be able to re-parse the entered dates
>>> from free-text fields. We use the default date format of the current
>>> locale in dynamic view.

>>> kronolith/lib/Ajax.php, Kronolith_Ajax::_addBaseVars().
>>
>> Like said, I'm running horde with apache24 on a windows server.
>> That horde isn't tested under windows should be mentionned on the
>> www.horde.org website so that users are warned!
>>
>> I found two problems under windows causing the above described problems:
>> 1. the php function nl_langinfo is used, but this function isn't
>> implemented on windows platforms
>> 2. the php function setlocale is used, but the locale strings used are
>> not the same on windows platforms
>>
>> For the first problem a workaround exists by simulating the missing
>> function. Paul Kemper did write a 'windows' nl_langinfo function. This
>> function is too long to include here, but I can send it if requested.
>> There was still a bug in his function for the D_FMT locale and
>> strftime parameter '%e'. The latter isn't implemented on windows, so
>> it must be replaced by '%#d'.
>> And because of this the function translateFormat in Datejs.php
>> (C:\php\pear\Horde\Core\Script\Package\Datejs.php) must be adapted for
>> the '%e' translation, no leading space on windows:
>>     /**
>>      * Translates date format strings from strftime to datejs.
>>      *
>>      * @param string $format  A date format string in strftime syntax.
>>      *
>>      * @return string  The date format string in datejs format.
>>      */
>>     static public function translateFormat($format)
>>     {
>>         $from = array('%e', '%-d', '%d', '%a', '%A', '%-m', '%m',
>> '%h', '%b', '%B', '%y', '%Y');
>>         $to = array('d', 'd', 'dd', 'ddd', 'dddd', 'M', 'MM', 'MMM',
>> 'MMM', 'MMMM', 'yy', 'yyyy');
>>         if (defined('D_FMT')) {
>>             $from[] = '%x';
>>             $to[] = str_replace($from, $to, Horde_Nls::getLangInfo(D_FMT));
>>         }
>>         return str_replace($from, $to, $format);
>>     }
>>
>> Add the simulated function nl_langinfo as an include in the Nls.php
>> file (C:\php\pear\Horde\Nls.php):
>> include( 'WindowsNl_LangInfo.php' );
>>
>> For the second problem, I first created a new nls.local.php
>> configuration file (C:\Apache24\htdocs\webmail\config\nls.local.php)
>> with the windows locales strings:
>>         'usa_usa' => '&#x202d;English (American)',
>>         'uk_uk' => '&#x202d;English (British)',
>>         'canadian_can' => '&#x202d;English (Canadian)',
>>         'fra_fra' => 'Français',
>>         'nld_nld' => 'Nederlands'
>> And then modified the function setLanguage in Registry.php
>> (C:\php\pear\Horde\Registry.php) to not include 'UTF-8', also not
> [...]

This takes some time to consider, and I don't even have a working
Windows server system at the moment to test this myself.
Since this only affects the dynamic view though, I wouldn't say that
we don't support Windows. Support may just be limited to the basic and
mobile view.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project